Skip to main content
- The State of Florida’s minimum wage increase took effect on January 1, 2019.
- The new minimum wage is now $8.46/hour (a $0.21 increase from the previous minimum wage of $8.25/hour).
- For tipped employees, the new minimum wage is $5.44/hour (a $0.21 increase from the previous minimum wage for tipped employees of $5.23/hour).
- Although the federal minimum wage will most likely remain $7.25/hour, Florida employers will be required to pay their non-exempt employees Florida’s new minimum wage of $8.46/hour.
- Due to the minimum wage increase, all Florida employers are required to post a Florida minimum wage notice in an area that is clearly visible and accessible. Additionally, all employers are required to post the Florida minimum wage poster in their facility. This poster can be found at the following link: http://www.floridajobs.org/docs/default-source/business-growth-and-partnerships/for-employers/posters-and-required-notices/2019-minimum-wage-poster/poster-fl_minwage2019.pdf?sfvrsn=2
Awesome post! Keep up the great work! 🙂
Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up! 🙂